Sliding Window Repair: How to Fix Common Issues and Save Money
Sliding windows are a popular choice for many homeowners, but they can be prone to a few common issues over time. Whether your window is sticking, won’t slide smoothly, or has a broken latch, there are steps you can take to repair it yourself and avoid the cost of replacement. In this guide, we’ll walk you through some common sliding window problems and how to fix them.
Common Issues with Sliding Windows
Here are some common issues you may encounter with sliding windows:
- Difficulty Opening or Closing: This could be due to dirt or debris in the track, or a misaligned roller.
- Window Sticks: If your window is hard to open or close, there may be dirt or debris in the track, or the window may need lubrication.
- Broken Latch: If the latch on your window is broken, you may not be able to lock it or keep it closed.
- Worn Out Rollers: The rollers on your window can wear out over time, causing the window to stick or not slide smoothly.
- Broken Glass: If your window glass is cracked or shattered, it will need to be replaced.
How to Repair Sliding Windows
Here are some steps you can take to repair common issues with sliding windows:
- Clean the Track: Use a vacuum or brush to remove any dirt or debris from the track. Wipe it down with a damp cloth.
- Align the Roller: If your window is sticking or won’t slide smoothly, use a screwdriver to adjust the roller so that it’s properly aligned with the track.
- Replace the Latch: If the latch is broken, you’ll need to remove it and install a new one. You can find replacement latches at most hardware stores.
- Replace the Rollers: If your window still doesn’t slide smoothly, the rollers may be worn out and need to be replaced. You can find replacement rollers at most hardware stores.
- Replace the Glass: If your window glass is cracked or shattered, you’ll need to remove the broken glass and install a new pane. Be sure to wear gloves and safety glasses when handling broken glass.
Benefits of Repairing Sliding Windows
Repairing your sliding windows can provide a number of benefits, including:
- Save Money: Repairing your windows instead of replacing them can save you a significant amount of money.
- Improve Functionality: By fixing common issues, you can ensure that your sliding windows operate smoothly and easily.
- Enhance Your Home’s Appearance: Repairing your windows can enhance the overall appearance of your home and increase its value.
Trust WoodWR for Your Sliding Window Repair Needs
If you need professional help with yoursliding window repair needs, trust the experts at WoodWR. Our experienced team can help you with any sliding window issue, whether it’s a broken latch, worn-out rollers, or a cracked glass pane. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and get started on your sliding window repair project!
We are working with ALL Types of Windows
BAY WINDOW REPAIR
DOUBLE HUNG WINDOW REPAIR
PICTURE WINDOW REPAIR
CASEMENT WINDOW REPAIR
SLIDING WINDOW REPAIR
BOW WINDOW REPAIR
What We Offer
Your Local Solution for Residential & Commercial Window Repair Needs
Ask for more
Arlington Heights, IL
Buffalo Grove, IL
Carol Stream, IL
Crystal Lake, IL
Des Plaines, IL
Fox River Grove, IL
Franklin Park, IL
Glen Ellyn, IL
Glendal Heights, IL
Highland Park, IL
Hoffman Estates, IL
Lake Barrington, IL
Lake In Hills, IL
Lake Zurich, IL
Long Grove, IL
Melrose Park, IL
Morton Grove, IL
Mt Prospect, IL
Park Ridge, IL
South Elgine, IL
St Charles, IL
Vernon Hills, IL
West Chicago, IL
West Dundee, IL
Wood Dale, IL
Why Choose Us
Get Your Windows Fixed with Ease: Expert Technicians and Quality Materials
Our experienced technicians use top-notch materials to repair all types of windows, making them look good as new.
Window Repairs That Fit Your Budget
No need to break the bank for quality window repairs. We offer affordable prices without sacrificing quality.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Our team is always available to answer your questions and provide you with the support you need, making the repair process as smooth as possible.
Get in Touch
8am - 8pm Mon-Fri
950 Industrial Dr, Bensenville, IL 60106
What we Do
Bay Window Repair
Rotten Window Repair
Wood Window Repair
Double Hung Window Repair
Picture Window Repair
Casement Window Repair
Sliding Window Repair
Bow Window Repair
Window Glass Replacement
Cracked Glass Replacement
Low-E Glass Replacement
Clear Glass Replacement
Window Frame Repair
Window Sash Repair
Window Sill Repair
Window Molding Repair
Window Mechanism Repair
Window Hinge Replacement
Window Balance Repair